Sick Child Exams
Same-day Sick Child Visits
When your child gets sick, you can have a hard time getting an appointment in an instant. But it can seem like overkill if you rush to the emergency room every time your child coughs or sneezes, not only because of long waiting times, unfamiliar physicians, nurses and support staff, and the stressful hospital atmosphere, but the increased expenses, as well.
At Children’s Medical, we offer our same-day sick child visits for those minor yet urgent problems such as:
- nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea persisting for two days or more
- allergic reactions to bee or insect bites or poison ivy
- asthma attacks and symptoms
- fever higher than 103 degrees for children six months and older
- a laceration that may require sutures
- your child has fallen, and you are wondering if there are any broken bones
- sports injuries such as fractures, tears, cuts, or sprains
- conjunctivitis or pink eye
- ear infections
- upper respiratory infection like sore or strep throat or bronchitis
- abdominal pain
- follow-up check-ups after an emergency room visit
Our same-day sick child visits, do not cover medication refills, well-child exams, or immunizations as well as long-term chronic issues or preventive services.
If you feel that your child is suffering from a non-life-threatening condition but are unsure whether immediate care is needed, do not hesitate to call us. A member of our medical team can sort out your concerns.
We are dedicated to providing your child with quality health care that is quick and convenient for when your child needs it most.